- of or relating to the years immediately preceding puberty, prepubertal.
- a prepubescent boy or girl.
Origin of prepubescent
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a person who has not yet reached puberty
- not yet having reached puberty
Word Origin and History for prepubescent
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of or characteristic of prepuberty.
- A prepubescent child.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.