- the fold of skin that covers the head of the penis; foreskin.
- a similar covering of the clitoris.
Origin of prepuce
Examples from the Web for prepuce
Contemporary Examples of prepuce
The practice of parading the prepuce once a year continued until it disappeared in 1983.Who Stole John Paul’s Blood And Christ’s Foreskin?
Barbie Latza Nadeau
January 29, 2014
Historical Examples of prepuce
The prepuce is often too narrow so that it cannot be withdrawn behind the glans.The Sexual Question
The glans is covered and the prepuce is lined by mucous membrane.The Biology, Physiology and Sociology of Reproduction
Winfield S. Hall
In adults there is rarely any escape when the prepuce is tight.
I have also met with cases in which the prepuce has become cancerous.
In this way they dilate the prepuce and break up the adhesions.Self Knowledge and Guide to Sex Instruction
T. W. Shannon
- the retractable fold of skin covering the tip of the penisNontechnical name: foreskin
- a similar fold of skin covering the tip of the clitoris
Word Origin for prepuce
Word Origin and History for prepuce
c.1400, from Old French prepuce, from Latin praeputium "foreskin," possibly from præ- "before" (see pre-) + *putos "penis." Earlier in English as prepucy (late 14c.), directly from Latin.
- A loose fold of skin covering the glans clitoridis.