- the fold of skin that covers the head of the penis; foreskin.
- a similar covering of the clitoris.
Origin of prepuce
Examples from the Web for preputial
Historical Examples of preputial
Here we have suggestions of a preventive to onanism, and a cure to male impotence when due to preputial interference.
They show the variety, extent, and far-reaching character of the diseases induced by any preputial irritation.
He had been in the habit of washing out the preputial cavity by the aid of a flat-nozzled syringe.
Hare lays great stress on the necessity of circumcision wherever there is an indication of preputial local irritation.
Preputial calculus (calculus in the sheath, or bilocular cavity).Special Report on Diseases of the Horse
United States Department of Agriculture
- the retractable fold of skin covering the tip of the penisNontechnical name: foreskin
- a similar fold of skin covering the tip of the clitoris
Word Origin for prepuce
c.1400, from Old French prepuce, from Latin praeputium "foreskin," possibly from præ- "before" (see pre-) + *putos "penis." Earlier in English as prepucy (late 14c.), directly from Latin.
- Of or relating to the prepuce.
- A loose fold of skin covering the glans clitoridis.