- to separate or single out in thought; abstract.
- to cut off, terminate, or remove.
- to withdraw one's attention (usually followed by from).
- to turn aside in thought.
Origin of prescind
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (intr usually foll by from) to withdraw attention (from something)
- (tr) to isolate, remove, or separate, as for special consideration
C17: from Late Latin praescindere to cut off in front, from Latin prae before + scindere to split