- Also called pre·teen·ag·er [pree-teen-ey-jer] /priˈtinˌeɪ dʒər/, pre·teen·er. a boy or girl under the age of 13, especially one between the ages of 9 and 12.
- preteens, the years immediately preceding one's thirteenth birthday.
- designating or characteristic of a preteen or preteens: two preteen daughters.
Origin of preteen
Related Words for preteeninfant, toddler, adolescent, juvenile, youth, teenager, baby, kid, offspring, minor, youngster, bairn, sprout, suckling, newborn, lamb, progeny, tyke, tot, imp
Examples from the Web for preteen
Contemporary Examples of preteen
My obsession with TRL, like most preteen obsessions, was entirely un-ironic.‘TRL’ Turns 15: The Daily Beast Staff Picks Their Favorite Moments
The Daily Beast
September 14, 2013
The quartet giggles like preteen girls around its idol, an unattached alpha male played by Joe Manganiello.Pop Culture’s House Husbands Lag Behind the Reality in American Homes
June 18, 2013
Feel free to get heated about this yourself upon noticing your preteen niece texting furiously under the table.Thanksgiving Talking Points Guide: Guide to Hot-Button Topics, and Ones to Avoid
November 21, 2012
Sasha, now 11 years old, was no longer the impish child but a preteen with a sense of age-appropriate glamour.Election Night 2012: Fashion of Jubilation And Mourning
November 7, 2012
How can we expect the preteen crowd to resist those temptations?Facebook Aims Low, May Allow the Under-13 Crowd to Sign Up
June 5, 2012
- a boy or girl approaching his or her teens
- Relating to or designed for children especially between the ages of 10 and 12.
- Being a child especially between the ages of 10 and 12; preadolescent.
- A preteen boy or girl.