- a sharp metal point on which to stick a candle.
- a candlestick with one or more such points.
- a buck in his second year.
Origin of pricket
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for pricket
Historical Examples of pricket
- a male deer in the second year of life having unbranched antlers
- a sharp metal spike on which to stick a candle
- a candlestick having such a spike
Word Origin for pricket
C14 priket, from prik prick
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012