- to cruise as a privateer.
Origin of privateer
Examples from the Web for privateering
Historical Examples of privateering
The gallantry of privateering was degenerating into the bloody brutality of piracy.Plotting in Pirate Seas
A specimen American privateering commission may be seen in doc.
These were the essential documents of a privateering voyage.
Most narratives of privateering or of piracy are found in the form of depositions.
Seamen—you witness—were brutes, in these merry days of privateering.Famous Privateersmen and Adventurers of the Sea
Charles H. L. Johnston
- an armed, privately owned vessel commissioned for war service by a government
- Also called: privateersman a commander or member of the crew of a privateer
- a competitor, esp in motor racing, who is privately financed rather than sponsored by a manufacturer
- (intr) to serve as a privateer