- the psychology of old age.
Origin of psychogeriatrics
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Technical (of an older person) no longer in touch with everyday realities; exhibiting delusions; mentally incompetent
- offensivea confused old person
- an impersonal label for a patient, as a unit, requiring institutional services appropriate for a mentally disordered old person
- (functioning as singular) med the branch of health care concerned with the study, diagnosis, and sometimes treatment of mentally disordered older peopleCompare geriatrics
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012