- producing or produced by heat or fever.
- Also py·ro·ge·net·ic [pahy-roh-juh-net-ik] /ˌpaɪ roʊ dʒəˈnɛt ɪk/. Geology. produced by heat, as the anhydrous minerals of an igneous rock.
Origin of pyrogenic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- produced by or producing heat
- pathol causing or resulting from fever
- geology less common words for igneous
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Producing or produced by fever.
- Caused by or generating heat.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.