- Also Pyth·ic. of or relating to Delphi, in ancient Greece.
- of or relating to Apollo, with reference to his oracle at Delphi.
- a Pythian priestess.
Origin of Pythian
Examples from the Web for pythian
Historical Examples of pythian
Priests and priestesses may also follow, unless the Pythian oracle forbids.Laws
A copy of the Pythian Apollo by Scopas is in the same museum.Museum of Antiquity
L. W. Yaggy
Why, the Pythian priestess on the tripod is not moved so much as this!Plutarch's Morals
The Pythian recommended an alliance with their nearest neighbours.Athens: Its Rise and Fall, Complete
Milo the invincible, victor at Pisa, and in the Pythian and Isthmian combats.An Egyptian Princess, Complete
- of or relating to Delphi or its oracle
- the priestess of Apollo at the oracle of Delphi
- an inhabitant of ancient Delphi