- having the form of a sphere; globular.
- formed in or on a sphere, as a figure.
- of or relating to a sphere or spheres.
- pertaining to the heavenly bodies, or to their supposed revolving spheres or shells.
- pertaining to the heavenly bodies regarded astrologically as exerting influence on humankind and events.
Origin of spherical
Synonyms for spherical
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- shaped like a sphere
- of or relating to a spherespherical geometry
- geometry formed on the surface of or inside a spherea spherical triangle
- of or relating to heavenly bodies
- of or relating to the spheres of the Ptolemaic or the Copernican system
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Having the shape of or approximating a sphere; globular.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.