- a stew of meat, vegetables, potatoes, etc.
- a beverage made weak or thin, as watery tea, coffee, or the like.
- the refuse from processing whale carcasses.
- a reddish, muddy deposit in mining sluices.
Origin of slumgullion
Examples from the Web for slumgullion
Historical Examples of slumgullion
We could not eat the bread or the meat, or drink the 10 "slumgullion."Story Hour Readings: Seventh Year
We could not eat the bread or the meat, nor drink the "slumgullion."Roughing It
Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
Sorter clears him out, you know, of all the slumgullion that's in him.Stories in Light and Shadow
With a mocking gurgle, about a dram of “slumgullion” passed into his mouth.The Mascot of Sweet Briar Gulch
Henry Wallace Phillips
“I would have dreamed about turkey dinners and slumgullion and fudge,” said Slim, spearing his fourth potato.The Campfire Girls on Ellen's Isle
Hildegard G. Frey
- slang an inexpensive stew
- offal, esp the refuse from whale blubber
- a reddish mud deposited in mine sluices