- a finback or rorqual.
- a wild or semiwild hog with a ridgelike back, common in the southern U.S.
- a sharp narrow ridge or range of hills.
- Also ra·zor·backed, ra·zor-backed. having a sharp ridge along the back.
Origin of razorback
Examples from the Web for razorback
Historical Examples of razorback
Finally I struck a circus, and got an engagement as a razorback.The Young Acrobat of the Great North American Circus
Horatio Alger Jr.
The mainstay of every farmer, aside from his cornfield, was his litter of razorback hogs.
The razorback has a mind of his own; not instinct, but mind—whatever psychologists may say.
The razorback is a powerful hunter, and it does not require a powerful animal scent to draw the razorback to the trap.Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper
Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock
The Razorback range is a very remarkable feature in this part of the country.
- Also called: finback the common rorqualSee rorqual
- a semiwild or wild pig of the southeastern US, having a narrow body, long legs, and a ridged back