- interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner.
- pertaining to, characterized by, or given to the representation in literature or art of things as they really are: a realistic novel.
- resembling or simulating real life: a duck hunter skilled at making realistic decoys.
- Philosophy. of or relating to realists or realism.
Origin of realistic
Synonyms for realistic
Examples from the Web for realistically
Contemporary Examples of realistically
The money crowd got all the deregulation it could realistically hope for.The Religious Right’s Slow-Motion Suicide
September 29, 2014
Realistically, what I saw was exactly what I would have expected at a Grateful Dead tribute show.Patted Down by India’s Hugging Saint
July 20, 2014
Because it's too cautious to dramatize real problems and too reductive to tackle them realistically.Generic and Superficial ‘Tyrant’ Amerisplains the Middle East
June 25, 2014
Realistically, nobody expects a system like ARC4 to jump straight from the battlefield to the nearest Best Buy.Augmented Reality System Goes From Military to Market
May 27, 2014
We need more images and scenes of women on their own, who are realistically happy without a guy.Novelist Holly Peterson Talks About New York, Power Trippers, and Love
April 16, 2014
Historical Examples of realistically
The mechanics of realistically moving Saturn was rougher than a cob.Question of Comfort
To my senses she was real, and it was necessary therefore to destroy her realistically.Fantazius Mallare
A bell was ringing; and ringing too realistically not to be real!Bob Strong's Holidays
John Conroy Hutcheson
For those qualities you check, answer the questions as realistically as you can.When You Don't Know Where to Turn
Steven J. Bartlett
It should be said at once that these objects are treated symbolically, not realistically.Indo-China and Its Primitive People
- showing awareness and acceptance of reality
- practical or pragmatic rather than ideal or moral
- (of a book, film, etc) depicting or emphasizing what is real and actual rather than abstract or ideal
- of or relating to philosophical realism