- the act of assorting; distribution; classification.
- a collection of various kinds of things; a mixed collection.
Origin of assortment
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for reassortment
Only when this reassortment of forms took place was the modern symbolic value of the foot: feet alternation clearly established.Language
- the formation of a hybrid virus containing parts from the genomes of two distinct viruses in a mixed infection
- a collection or group of various things or sorts
- the act of assorting
Word Origin and History for reassortment
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The relationship between non-allelic genetic traits that are transmitted from parent to child independently and according to the degree of linkage between the respective loci.