- the act of assorting; distribution; classification.
- a collection of various kinds of things; a mixed collection.
Origin of assortment
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for reassortment
Historical Examples of reassortment
Only when this reassortment of forms took place was the modern symbolic value of the foot: feet alternation clearly established.Language
- the formation of a hybrid virus containing parts from the genomes of two distinct viruses in a mixed infection
- a collection or group of various things or sorts
- the act of assorting
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The relationship between non-allelic genetic traits that are transmitted from parent to child independently and according to the degree of linkage between the respective loci.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.