- the lending of library books and other materials.
- the number of books and materials that a library has lent.
- the processes connected with providing for the use of library materials, including reserve operations, recall, and record-keeping.
THIS PSAT VOCABULARY QUIZ IS PERFECT PRACTICE FOR THE REAL TEST
Idioms for circulation
Origin of circulation
OTHER WORDS FROM circulation
Example sentences from the Web for circulation
It has almost 6 million subscribers and more than 1,3 billion views when the total circulation for the magazine doesn’t exceed 1,600,000 copies in a year.How social media influence 71% consumer buying decisions|Aleh Barysevich|November 20, 2020|Search Engine Watch
We know Covid-19 circulation increases when people spend a lot of time together indoors, talking, eating, and drinking, like Thanksgiving.How to have a safer — but not safe — pandemic Thanksgiving|Brian Resnick|November 11, 2020|Vox
Everything I knew about the publishing industry I had learned in class, and I knew absolutely nothing about circulation.To take control of your career, ask for what you want—directly and explicitly|matthewheimer|November 8, 2020|Fortune
This way, infected cells get removed from circulation and parasite levels in the body remain low, making people less sick and allowing the parasite to persist undetected.How malaria parasites hide from the human immune system|Erin Garcia de Jesus|October 26, 2020|Science News
After surviving the arrival of bubonic plague in Milan in 1485, Leonardo da Vinci sketched a series of unrealized designs for the city that included broader spaces for circulation.The Self-Driving Car Is a Red Herring - Issue 92: Frontiers|Anthony Townsend|October 21, 2020|Nautilus
British Dictionary definitions for circulation
- the distribution of newspapers, magazines, etc
- the number of copies of an issue of such a publication that are distributed
- a book loan, as from a library lending department
- each loan transaction of a particular book
- the total issue of library books over a specified period
- (of currency) serving as a medium of exchange
- (of people) active in a social or business context
Medical definitions for circulation
Scientific definitions for circulation
Idioms and Phrases with circulation
see in circulation; out of circulation.