- careful consideration before decision.
- formal consultation or discussion.
- deliberate quality; leisureliness of movement or action; slowness.
Origin of deliberation
SynonymsSee more synonyms for deliberation on Thesaurus.com
- thoughtful, careful, or lengthy consideration
- (often plural) formal discussion and debate, as of a committee, jury, etc
- care, thoughtfulness, or absence of hurry, esp in movement or speech
Word Origin and History for redeliberation
late 14c., Old French deliberation, from Latin deliberationem (nominative deliberatio), noun of action from past participle stem of deliberare "weigh, consider well," from de- "entirely" (see de-) + -liberare, altered (perhaps by influence of liberare "liberate") from librare "to balance, weigh," from libra "scale."