- an act or instance of employing someone or something.
- the state of being employed; employ; service: to begin or terminate employment.
- an occupation by which a person earns a living; work; business.
- the total number of people gainfully employed or working.
- an activity or the like that occupies a person's time: She found knitting a comforting employment for her idle hours.
Origin of employment
Synonyms for employment
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for reemployment
Contemporary Examples of reemployment
Business activity revived but reemployment lagged; policymakers confronted what would today be called a “jobless recovery.”When Big Government Saved America
June 28, 2013
Historical Examples of reemployment
Reemployment, not unemployment, must become the centerpiece of our economic renewal.
- the act of employing or state of being employed
- the work or occupation in which a person is employed
- the purpose for which something is used
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper