- to include as a necessary circumstance, condition, or consequence; imply; entail: This job involves long hours and hard work.
- to engage or employ.
- to affect, as something within the scope of operation.
- to include, contain, or comprehend within itself or its scope.
- to bring into an intricate or complicated form or condition.
- to bring into difficulties (usually followed by with): a plot to involve one nation in a war with another.
- to cause to be troublesomely associated or concerned, as in something embarrassing or unfavorable: Don't involve me in your quarrel!
- to combine inextricably (usually followed by with).
- to implicate, as in guilt or crime, or in any matter or affair.
- to engage the interests or emotions or commitment of: to become involved in the disarmament movement; to become involved with another woman.
- to preoccupy or absorb fully (usually used passively or reflexively): You are much too involved with the problem to see it clearly.
- to envelop or enfold, as if with a wrapping.
- to swallow up, engulf, or overwhelm.
- Archaic.to roll, surround, or shroud, as in a wrapping.
- to roll up on itself; wind spirally; coil; wreathe.
Origin of involve
Synonyms for involve
Antonyms for involve
Examples from the Web for reinvolved
Historical Examples of reinvolved
And her prayers entered into Thy presence; and yet Thou sufferedst me to be yet involved and reinvolved in that darkness.The Confessions of Saint Augustine
Europe was now reinvolved in fresh troubles by a vacancy on the throne of Poland.The History of England in Three Volumes, Vol.II.
- to include or contain as a necessary partthe task involves hard work
- to have an effect on; spread tothe investigation involved many innocent people
- (often passive; usually foll by in or with) to concern or associate significantlymany people were involved in the crime
- (often passive) to make complicated; tanglethe situation was further involved by her disappearance
- rare, often poetic to wrap or surround
- maths obsolete to raise to a specified power
Word Origin for involve
see get involved with.