- associated; connected.
- allied by nature, origin, kinship, marriage, etc.
- Music. (of tones) belonging to a melodic or harmonic series, so as to be susceptible of close connection.
Origin of related
SynonymsSee more synonyms for related on Thesaurus.com
1. relevant, affiliated. 2. linked, united, joined.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for relatedly
- connected; associated
- connected by kinship or marriage
- (in diatonic music) denoting or relating to a key that has notes in common with another key or keys
Word Origin and History for relatedly
"connected by blood or marriage," 1702, past participle adjective from relate (v.). Related: Relatedness.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper