- a connection, association, or involvement.
- connection between persons by blood or marriage.
- an emotional or other connection between people: the relationship between teachers and students.
- a sexual involvement; affair.
Origin of relationship
Synonyms for relationshipSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for relationshipaffair, marriage, exchange, communication, accord, rapport, liaison, contact, link, tie, relation, alliance, similarity, tie-in, homogeneity, affiliation, ratio, network, nearness, proportion
Examples from the Web for relationship
Contemporary Examples of relationship
That explanation is believable…but increasingly less so when you hear Jay talk about the nature of his relationship with Adnan.The Deal With Serial’s Jay? He’s Pissed Off, Mucks Up Our Timeline
December 31, 2014
They know nothing about this relationship between two strangers.
Why do these people care so much what others think of their relationship?
Removing choice is bullying and seems a horrid basis on which to anchor your relationship.
Since filming the show, however, her relationship with classical music has obviously changed.‘Mozart in the Jungle’: Inside Amazon’s Brave New World of Sex, Drugs, and Classical Music
December 23, 2014
Historical Examples of relationship
The first results come from my first relationship, and my first relationship is to God.The Conquest of Fear
He gave an account of his relationship with the Daily Sensation.The Foolish Lovers
St. John G. Ervine
In what relationship to him lfhere, mentioned 2605, stands, is not clear.Beowulf
I took no trouble to ask her concerning the relationship of which Mr Coningham had spoken.Wilfrid Cumbermede
So much that there had been speculation about their relationship—that didn't interest him.Happy Ending
- the state of being connected or related
- association by blood or marriage; kinship
- the mutual dealings, connections, or feelings that exist between two parties, countries, people, etca business relationship
- an emotional or sexual affair or liaison
- logic maths another name for relation (def. 10)
- The condition or fact of being related; connection or association.
- Connection by blood or marriage; kinship.