- revenue or income, or the instrument evidencing a right to such periodic receipts.
- rentes. Also called rentes sur l'é·tat [rahnt syr ley-ta] /rɑ̃t sür leɪˈta/. perpetual bonds issued by the French government.
Examples from the Web for rente
Historical Examples of rente
What puzzles us is, that the Rente is at 53—why then was this new loan issued at 42?Diary of the Besieged Resident in Paris
Rente, name given to the French funds, or income derivable from them.The Nuttall Encyclopaedia
Edited by Rev. James Wood
He prophesied the rente conversion scheme and the four per cent.
"Cattle had he enough and rente," cattle probably meaning property (chattels), and rente income.The Principles of Economics
Frank A. Fetter
The Hungarian rente had at that time just been introduced into the market, and Mr. Dumany predicted for it a fair success.
- annual income from capital investment; annuity
- government securities of certain countries, esp France
- the interest on such securities