[verb ree-ruhn; noun ree-ruhn]
- to run again.
- the act of rerunning.
- a showing of a motion picture or television program after its initial run, usually some months or years later.
- the motion picture or television program being shown again.
- Informal. a person or thing that is merely a restatement or imitation of something familiar; rehash: The plot is just a rerun of every other spy story.
Origin of rerun
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for rerunning
It began airing on DirecTV last October, and is now rerunning on NBC.Friday Night's Bright Light
March 13, 2009
- to broadcast or put on (a film, play, series, etc) again
- to run (a race, etc) again
- a film, play, series, etc, that is broadcast or put on again; repeat
- a race that is run again
- computing the repeat of a part of a computer program
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for rerunning
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper