- a person who is right-handed, especially a baseball pitcher who throws with the right hand.
- a slap or punch delivered with the right hand.
- a throw or toss, as in basketball, made with the right hand.
Origin of right-hander
First recorded in 1855–60
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for right-hander
Senators manager Bucky Harris signaled to the bullpen to send in a right-hander named Paul Hopkins.Babe Ruth’s Summer of Records
September 29, 2013
Rupert dodged and tried to close: but at that moment another figure dashed between the two men and delivered a right-hander.The Mandarin's Fan
The monkey-faced polypus replied not a word, but delivered a right-hander that might have felled a small horse.The Battery and the Boiler
The edge that was deepest burned was on the other side from what it usually is when a right-hander does it.Bert Wilson in the Rockies
J. W. Duffield
- a blow with the right hand
- a person who is right-handed
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012