- a student of or authority on ritual practices or religious rites.
- a person who practices or advocates observance of ritual, as in religious services.
- (initial capital letter) Anglican Church.
- a person who supports High Church principles.
- a supporter of the Oxford movement.
Origin of ritualist
Examples from the Web for ritualist
Historical Examples of ritualist
Fortune had handed over the parish of Harden to a ritualist vicar.Robert Elsmere
Mrs. Humphry Ward
"Never heard of a Ritualist," thought Jack, with a feeling of gladness.The Golden Butterfly
What an answer is here to the monk, the ascetic, and the ritualist!The Assembly of God
C. (Charles) H. (Henry) Mackintosh
But the heart-stricken Ritualist had swarmed up the ladder and was gone.
You are no doubt a Ritualist, and your son has no doubt been educated in the same school.The Altar Steps