- John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of,1647–80, English poet and courtier.
- a city in W New York, on the Genesee River.
- a town in SE Minnesota.
- a city in N Kent, in SE England.
- a city in SE New Hampshire.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for rochester
He spent two lost and traumatic years in the minors, getting shelled in Miami and Rochester.Will the Real Jim Palmer Please Stand Up
September 27, 2014
He was the proprietor of a grimy chicken joint in Rochester, New York.The Loser Who Wanted to Be the ISIS Agent Next Door
September 18, 2014
One video that contains the searing truth about guns is the one made by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle.The NRA’s Multimillion-Dollar New Ad Campaign Is Despicable
September 8, 2014
A Rochester (ROC) passenger approached a ticket counter to check in and stated to the ticket agent that he had a bomb in his bag.The TSA’s Insane Instagram Feed
July 14, 2014
It was called Windowsill Daydreaming, Rochester, New York, from 1958, and, despite its corny name, it stopped me in my tracks.New Getty Retrospective On Minor White’s Metamorphosing Camera
Sarah Bay Williams
July 10, 2014
His first situation, as a journeyman, was in Rochester, New York.Cleveland Past and Present
The character of Rochester is the character of a mechanical monster.
I live in Rochester, and I am in a farm-house near the lake for the summer.
Two constables were taking a man and woman to the police court in Rochester Row.The Christian
The Universities of Syracuse and Rochester are co-educational.
- a city in SE England, in Medway unitary authority, Kent, on the River Medway. Pop: 27 123 (2001)
- a city in NW New York State, on Lake Ontario. Pop: 215 093 (2003 est)
- a city in the US, in Minnesota: site of the Mayo Clinic. Pop: 92 507 (2003 est)
- 2nd Earl of, title of John Wilmot . 1647–80, English poet, wit, and libertine. His poems include satires, notably A Satire against Mankind (1675), love lyrics, and bawdy verse
City in western New York.
Center of the photographic equipment industry.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.