[roh-tey-ter or, esp. British, roh-tey-]
- a person or thing that rotates.
- Anatomy. a muscle serving to rotate a part of the body.
- Nautical. a bladed device streamed to rotate in the water to actuate a patent log.
Origin of rotator
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a person, device, or part that rotates or causes rotation
- anatomy any of various muscles that revolve a part on its axis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A muscle that serves to rotate a part of the body.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.