- (of a person) possessing a round head; brachycephalic.
- rounded or spherical at the head, as a screw.
- shaped like a semicircle at the top, as a window.
- (usually initial capital letter) of or relating to the Roundheads, members of the Parliamentarian party in England during the civil wars of the 17th century.
- (usually initial capital letter) puritanical(def 2).
Origin of roundheaded
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for roundheaded
I have some trouble with tent-caterpillars, roundheaded borers, fall web-worm, and curculio.The Apple
Vichy Volonsky, a short, roundheaded man, had held up the rest of the issue while he studied the content through his nose-glasses.Satan and the Comrades
This is roundheaded and very narrow, but has good jamb-shafts and arch-mouldings.Some Account of Gothic Architecture in Spain
George Edmund Street