- a native or citizen of Saïs.
- Also Sa·it·ic [sey-it-ik] /seɪˈɪt ɪk/. of or relating to Saïs or its inhabitants.
- of or relating to the period 663–525 b.c., when the Pharaohs ruled at Saïs.
Origin of Saite
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for saitic
Historical Examples of saitic
Saitic Period the seat of empire was once more in Lower Egypt, and art had visibly declined with the waning power of the country.A Text-Book of the History of Painting
John C. Van Dyke
- of or relating to the ancient Egyptian city of Saïs or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of the ancient Egyptian city of Saïs
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012