- a juniper, Juniperus sabina, of Europe and Asia.
- the drug derived from the dried tops of this plant, formerly used in treating amenorrhea.
- red cedar(def 1).
Origin of savin
Examples from the Web for savin
Historical Examples of savin
Speed, done 'im in, savin' 'is country's 'time an' 'is country's oats; that done 'im in.The Burning Spear
And I can think of as many ways to do that as the Cap'n can of savin' a quarter.The Depot Master
Joseph C. Lincoln
She wan't heavin' any teakittles at folks then; my savin' soul, no!
My savin' soul, Miss Martha, folks ought to be careful what they say, hadn't they?
He was a savin', sthrivin' man, an' he married a woman wid money.Ireland as It Is
Robert John Buckley (AKA R.J.B.)
- a small spreading juniper bush, Juniperus sabina, of Europe, N Asia, and North America
- the oil derived from the shoots and leaves of this plant, formerly used in medicine to treat rheumatism, etc
- another name for red cedar (def. 1)