- concerned solely or chiefly with one's own interests, welfare, etc.; engrossed in self; selfish; egotistical.
- independent, self-sufficient.
- centered in oneself or itself.
- Archaic. fixed; unchanging.
Origin of self-centered
Examples from the Web for self-centred
Historical Examples of self-centred
There was nothing morbid or self-centred in the girl's attitude.A Bride of the Plains
Baroness Emmuska Orczy
If he was self-centred, it was in his strength, not in his weakness.
They say lovers are self-centred, but really I think you're the worst I ever met.Half a Hero
It was not, above all, self-centred; it led him to seek for fellowship with others.History of the Moravian Church
J. E. Hutton
The child's shocked eyes recalled the girl's self-centred thoughts.Jewel
Clara Louise Burnham
- totally preoccupied with one's own concerns