Origin of description
Synonyms for description
Examples from the Web for self-description
Contemporary Examples of self-description
Those are all words Caveman uses in their own self-description, and they say it's exactly what they're trying to achieve.10 Great Bands You’ve Never Heard
May 26, 2013
Ailes acknowledged to me that the CNN contributor has moved away from that self-description.Roger Ailes Couldn’t Care Less What You Think About His Obama Comments
March 20, 2013
The mainstream press has been almost universally eager to indulge his self-description.Rick Warren's Double Life
November 14, 2008
Historical Examples of self-description
Even Gorman and Watson accepted him at his self-description.A Son Of The Sun
The incompleteness of the self-description must not be mistaken for simulation or affectation.
- a statement or account that describes; representation in words
- the act, process, or technique of describing
- sort, kind, or varietyreptiles of every description
- geometry the act of drawing a line or figure, such as an arc
- philosophy a noun phrase containing a predicate that may replace a name as the subject of a sentence
late 14c., from Old French description (12c.) and directly from Latin descriptionem (nominative descriptio) "representation, description, copy," noun of action from past participle stem of describere "write down, transcribe, copy, sketch," from de- "down" (see de-) + scribere "write" (see script (n.)).
see beggar description.