- pertaining to, of the nature of, or involving a myth.
- dealt with in myth, as a prehistoric period.
- dealing with myths, as writing.
- existing only in myth, as a person.
- without foundation in fact; imaginary; fictitious: The explanation was entirely mythical.
Origin of mythical
Examples from the Web for semi-mythical
Historical Examples of semi-mythical
Already industry was creating a new set of semi-mythical figures.Poor White
It deals with the semi-mythical Bohemian princess who is the heroine of many ancient tales.
But even in Hajek's accounts of semi-mythical occurrences the insincerity and dishonesty that characterise him are often apparent.
Rambam's travels have also given rise to a large number of semi-mythical journeys.
Pindar was famous, as these semi-mythical stories about his infancy and old age indicate, for piety.Studies of the Greek Poets (Vol I of 2)
John Addington Symonds
- of or relating to myth
- imaginary or fictitious