- Anatomy. conveying or containing semen.
- Botany. bearing or producing seed.
Origin of seminiferous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for seminiferous
Its tubules unite with the seminiferous tubules, and also form the epididymis.The Works of Francis Maitland Balfour, Volume 1
Francis Maitland Balfour
- containing, conveying, or producing sementhe seminiferous tubules of the testes
- (of plants) bearing or producing seeds
C17: from Latin sēmin-, sēmen seed + connecting vowel + -ferous
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Conveying, containing, or producing semen.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.