- Anatomy. conveying or containing semen.
- Botany. bearing or producing seed.
Origin of seminiferous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for seminiferous
Historical Examples of seminiferous
Its tubules unite with the seminiferous tubules, and also form the epididymis.The Works of Francis Maitland Balfour, Volume 1
Francis Maitland Balfour
- containing, conveying, or producing sementhe seminiferous tubules of the testes
- (of plants) bearing or producing seeds
Word Origin for seminiferous
C17: from Latin sēmin-, sēmen seed + connecting vowel + -ferous
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Conveying, containing, or producing semen.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.