- destitute or deprived of sensation; unconscious.
- lacking mental perception, appreciation, or comprehension.
- stupid or foolish, as persons or actions.
- nonsensical or meaningless, as words: This letter is either cryptic or senseless.
Origin of senseless
Synonyms for senselessSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for senseless
Related Words for senselesslydesperately, furiously, crazily, passionately, violently, hastily, intensely, frantically, excitedly, recklessly, energetically, hysterically, impulsively, carelessly, insanely, dementedly, exceedingly, excessively, extremely, hard
Examples from the Web for senselessly
Historical Examples of senselessly
Drawing one, he senselessly fired, but the men were too far off to be injured.In the Wilds of Africa
Senselessly, it stood watching Elza with a dull, vacant curiosity.Tarrano the Conqueror
Raymond King Cummings
I said, 'Have you no respect for me or yourself to act so senselessly?'A California Girl
Some helpless thing in him wanted her and she was killing it cruelly and senselessly.Narcissus
He hired extravagantly and fired ruthlessly—to the minds of some, senselessly.Triplanetary
Edward Elmer Smith
- lacking in sense; foolisha senseless plan
- lacking in feeling; unconscious
- lacking in perception; stupid