- any group of seven persons or things.
- a company of seven singers or musicians.
- a musical composition for seven voices or instruments.
Origin of septet
Examples from the Web for septette
Historical Examples of septette
A morning paper announced that Schmitz had handed the reins of the city over to a septette of prominent citizens.Port O' Gold
Louis John Stellman
Septet, Septette, sep-tet′, n. a work for seven voices or instruments: a company of seven musicians.
- music a group of seven singers or instrumentalists or a piece of music composed for such a group
- a group of seven people or things
Word Origin for septet
Word Origin and History for septette
1828, from German Septett, from Latin septem "seven" (see seven).