[sep-too-puh l, -tyoo-, sep-too-puh l, -tyoo-, -tuhp-uh l]
- sevenfold; consisting of seven parts.
- to make seven times as great.
Origin of septuple
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- seven times as much or many; sevenfold
- consisting of seven parts or members
- (tr) to multiply by seven
Word Origin for septuple
C17: from Late Latin septuplus, from septem seven; compare quadruple
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012