Origin of serration
Related Words for serrationivory, point, canine, snag, tine, tusk, dent, molar, premolar, grinder, serration, fang, cuspid, bicuspid, denticle, incisor, eyetooth, dentation, laniary
Examples from the Web for serration
Historical Examples of serration
These flakes were removed alternately from opposite faces, making the serration projections rather sharp.Handbook of Alabama Archaeology: Part I Point Types
James W. Cambron
Shows marked traces of the Chinese forms of the pear in shape, serration, thickness and size of leaf.The Pears of New York
U. P. Hedrick
less commonly serrature (ˈsɛrətʃə)
- the state or condition of being serrated
- a row of notches or toothlike projections on an edge
- a single notch
"condition of being serrated," 1808, noun of state from serrate (adj.).
- The state of being serrate.
- A series or set of teeth or notches.
- A single tooth or notch in a serrate edge.