- concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.
- sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.
- excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.
Origin of sexy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for sexiest
Last question: Who do you think is the sexiest SI swimsuit model of all time?Anastasia Ashley, Surfer-Cum-Model, Rides The Viral Internet Wave
December 23, 2014
Red is,” says Zyla, “the sexiest possible thing we can wear.Scarlet Is the New Black
August 31, 2014
The ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’ plays an otherworldly being who lures men to a dark room with the promise of kiss kiss bang bang.Scarlett Johansson is an Alien Seductress in ‘Under the Skin’
April 3, 2014
One of the sexiest movie stars of all time, the woman who married Joe DiMaggio and Arthur Miller, is not cool?Defining American Cool From Walt Whitman to Tina Fey and Johnny Depp
March 25, 2014
Not to exaggerate, but it was the sexiest thing that has ever been on television.Beyonce Gave the Best Grammy Awards Performance (And 8 More That Were Pretty Good, Too)
January 27, 2014
Snap your fingers and here comes the sexiest dames in Hollywood.The Common Man
Guy McCord (AKA Dallas McCord Reynolds)
- provoking or intended to provoke sexual interesta sexy dress; a sexy book
- feeling sexual interest; aroused
- interesting, exciting, or trendya sexy project; a sexy new car
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for sexiest
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper