- concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.
- sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.
- excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.
Origin of sexy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for sexily
Women are berated—and berate themselves—for dressing too sexily.In Defense of Slut-O-Ween
October 29, 2014
- provoking or intended to provoke sexual interesta sexy dress; a sexy book
- feeling sexual interest; aroused
- interesting, exciting, or trendya sexy project; a sexy new car
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for sexily
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper