- covered with or having long, rough hair.
- untidy; unkempt: a shaggy person.
- rough and matted; forming a bushy mass, as the hair or mane.
- having a rough nap, as cloth.
- characterized by sloppy planning or execution: a shaggy production of Macbeth.
Origin of shaggy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for shagginesscoarseness, break, nick, scratch, crack, unevenness, shagginess, hairiness, bristling, brokenness, bushiness
- having or covered with rough unkempt fur, hair, wool, etca shaggy dog
- rough or unkempt
- (in textiles) having a nap of long rough strands
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for shagginess
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper