- covered with or having long, rough hair.
- untidy; unkempt: a shaggy person.
- rough and matted; forming a bushy mass, as the hair or mane.
- having a rough nap, as cloth.
- characterized by sloppy planning or execution: a shaggy production of Macbeth.
Origin of shaggy
Examples from the Web for shaggy
Historical Examples of shaggy
Shaggy of beard, wrinkled and bent he seemed already an old man.A Daughter of the Middle Border
Come on, Shaggy Man, if you want me to show you the road to Butterfield.
"'Course not, Shaggy Man," replied Dorothy, giving him a severe look.
I was thinking, perhaps, a nice little Skye—like Shaggy, but smaller.
You might have Shaggy himself, if you like, while I am away.'
- having or covered with rough unkempt fur, hair, wool, etca shaggy dog
- rough or unkempt
- (in textiles) having a nap of long rough strands