- a person of less than average stature (sometimes used as a disparaging and offensive term of address).
- a garment designed to be of short length, as a hospital bed jacket.
- Also shaw·ty [shaw-tee] /ˈʃɔ ti/. Slang.
- a girl or woman: We watched the shorties on the dance floor, all lookin' so fine.
- a girlfriend or sweetheart: Me and my shorty went to that new club over on Ninth last night; what a scene!
- noting a garment designed to be of short length: a shorty nightgown; shorty pajamas.
Origin of shorty
Examples from the Web for shortie
Historical Examples of shortie
She was clad in a shortie wrapper that showed off her race-horse legs.Card Trick
Walter Bupp AKA Randall Garrett
Then Shortie was on his feet, desperate determination showing in every line of his body.
Shortie bounced ten feet in the light gravity, and grimly wallowed to his feet.
- plural shortiesa person or thing that is extremely short
- (as modifier)a shortie nightdress
- a Scot name for shortbread