- a cardinal number, 60 plus 9.
- a symbol for this number, as 69 or LXIX.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- Slang: Vulgar. simultaneous oral-genital sexual activity between two partners.
- amounting to 69 in number.
Examples from the Web for sixty-nine
Historical Examples of sixty-nine
He was born at Mirecourt in 1795, and died at the age of sixty-nine.The Bow, Its History, Manufacture and Use
I counted sixty-three rapids in Marble Canyon, Prof. sixty-nine.A Canyon Voyage
Frederick S. Dellenbaugh
They had with them a picture-card of the sixty-nine officers of the Gaeta army.The Birth of Yugoslavia, Volume 2
It is a feat beyond me to realize that he is sixty-nine years old.The Mutiny of the Elsinore
It is not often that a person who is as old as sixty-nine remembers how it feels to play.A Little Country Girl
- another term for soixante-neuf
in sexual sense, 1888, as a translation of French faire soixante neuf, literally "to do 69." So called from the similarity of positions to the arrangement of the numerals.