- very lean or thin; emaciated: a skinny little kitten.
- of or like skin.
- unusually low or reduced; meager; minimal: skinny profits.
- (of an object) narrow or slender: a skinny bed.
- accurate information; data; facts.
- news, especially if confidential; gossip: Here's the skinny on the latest Hollywood scandal.
Origin of skinny
Synonyms for skinny
Related Words for skinnierbony, lanky, gaunt, slender, scrawny, angular, spare, lean, emaciated, rawboned, underweight, lank, skeletal, twiggy, malnourished, scraggy, undernourished
Examples from the Web for skinnier
Contemporary Examples of skinnier
Skinnier hawkers stealthily circulate cooking queijo cualho (toasted cheese on a stick) in makeshift tin kettles.The Girl From Ipanema Is Not Alone: Rio’s Famous Beach Is A Rich, Cultural Kaleidoscope
June 23, 2014
So when it was just me skinnier, and I could still play LEGOs with them, they were OK with it.Matt Bomer Tells the Personal Story Behind His Heartbreaking ‘Normal Heart’ Performance
May 21, 2014
Historical Examples of skinnier
Move over, Corbett, I'm skinnier than you are, and I can reach that cleat easier than you can.Stand by for Mars!
- lacking in flesh; thin
- consisting of or resembling skin