- a person or thing that snorts.
- Informal. something extraordinary of its kind: a real snorter of a storm.
Origin of snorter
Examples from the Web for snorter
Historical Examples of snorter
"Try a little of that fricandeau," says Mrs. Snorter, with a kind smile.The Fitz-Boodle Papers
William Makepeace Thackeray
On the morning of that day, I indeed went to Norwich on my snorter.The Secret Service Submarine
Cyril Arthur Edward Ranger Gull
Lots of them were hustlers and full of business and their city surely is a snorter.An American Hobo in Europe
He's a snorter, that's what he is, an' I've heard his whole story a hundred times over.Commodore Barney's Young Spies
He poured out a snorter and balanced it on the flat of his thumb.Plain Mary Smith
Henry Wallace Phillips
- a person or animal that snorts
- British slang something outstandingly impressive or difficult
- British slang something or someone ridiculous