- anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
- copulation with a member of the same sex.
- bestiality(def 4).
Origin of sodomy
- anal intercourse committed by a man with another man or a womanCompare buggery
Word Origin for sodomy
c.1300, "unnatural sexual relations," such as those imputed to the inhabitants of Biblical Sodom, especially between persons of the same sex but also with beasts, from Old French sodomie, from Late Latin peccatum Sodomiticum "anal sex," literally "the sin of Sodom," from Latin Sodoma. In Middle English also synne Sodomyke (early 14c.).
- Anal copulation of one male with another.
- Anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
- Copulation with an animal.