- anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
- copulation with a member of the same sex.
- bestiality(def 4).
Origin of sodomy
Examples from the Web for sodomy
The charge: Sodomy, a serious crime in a predominantly Muslim nation.Malaysia’s Sham Sodomy Trial
September 30, 2011
Sodomy was practiced by the nations of Cueba, 774 Careta, and other places.The Works of Hubert Howe Bancroft, Volume 1
Hubert Howe Bancroft
Sodomy is a crime both in the active and passive agent, unless the latter is a non-consenting party.Aids to Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
W. G. Aitchison Robertson
Not that he is guilty of Sodomy nor did I ever hear the Sin so much as mentioned among them.
Sodomy, sod′om-i, n. unnatural sexuality, so called because imputed to the inhabitants of Sodom.
- anal intercourse committed by a man with another man or a womanCompare buggery
Word Origin and History for sodomy
c.1300, "unnatural sexual relations," such as those imputed to the inhabitants of Biblical Sodom, especially between persons of the same sex but also with beasts, from Old French sodomie, from Late Latin peccatum Sodomiticum "anal sex," literally "the sin of Sodom," from Latin Sodoma. In Middle English also synne Sodomyke (early 14c.).
- Anal copulation of one male with another.
- Anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
- Copulation with an animal.