- seasoned with or containing spice: a spicy salad dressing.
- characteristic or suggestive of spice.
- of the nature of or resembling spice.
- abounding in or yielding spices.
- aromatic or fragrant.
- piquant or pungent: spicy criticism.
- of a slightly improper or risqué nature; somewhat sexy: a spicy novel.
- Informal. full of spirit; lively.
Origin of spicy
Synonyms for spicy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for spicierfragrant, seasoned, piquant, appetizing, hot, aromatic, tangy, peppery, tasty, fiery, sweet, savory, fresh, distinctive, zesty, salty, ambrosial, flavorsome, keen, poignant
Examples from the Web for spicier
Historical Examples of spicier
- seasoned with or containing spice
- highly flavoured; pungent
- informal suggestive of scandal or sensation
- producing or yielding spices
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper