- seasoned with or containing spice: a spicy salad dressing.
- characteristic or suggestive of spice.
- of the nature of or resembling spice.
- abounding in or yielding spices.
- aromatic or fragrant.
- piquant or pungent: spicy criticism.
- of a slightly improper or risqué nature; somewhat sexy: a spicy novel.
- Informal. full of spirit; lively.
Origin of spicy
SynonymsSee more synonyms for spicy on Thesaurus.com
6. hot, sharp, peppery. 7. suggestive, racy, ribald, improper.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for spicier
- seasoned with or containing spice
- highly flavoured; pungent
- informal suggestive of scandal or sensation
- producing or yielding spices
Word Origin and History for spicier
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper