- a broad, flat foot, especially one turned outward.
- Pathology. this condition as a deformity in which the arch is very low or absent and weight is borne on the entire sole; flatfoot.
- of, relating to, or afflicted with splayfoot.
- clumsy or awkward.
Origin of splayfoot
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for splay-feet
At the wrists or knees the parts touch each other and almost immediately bend outwards (splay-feet), as long, flat paws.Sporting Dogs
Frank Townend Barton
- pathol another word for flatfoot (def. 1)
- a foot of which the toes are spread out, as in certain breeds of dog used in hunting waterfowl